Friday, May 30, 2014

Zoodles!

Zoodles, with ricotta "sauce" and a whole grain Pita with Ricotta and turkey

I've been cheating on spaghetti squash....


I <3 ZOODLES!!!!  I'm obsessed. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy spaghetti squash...I will still HAVE it from time to time...but nothing can beat the value & convenience of Zoodles.

What are Zoodles you say? Basically just a fun little name for "Zucchini Noodles". I didn't think anything could be easier than spaghetti squash....I was wrong! (It doesn't happen often....) Basically all I do is take a Zucchini...and run it over a Mandolin. I found my Mandolin at Big Lots for less than $10 bucks....money well spent...Ill tell you another time how much easier Sweet Potato fries are now ;)

Once you have you "Zoodles" you saute in Olive Oil...I throw a little garlic in too...for a few minutes, until all of the liquid has evaporated. The whole process, start to finish, takes about 10 minutes....



Zoodles with scallions, red peppers, tablespoon ricotta and mozzarella cheese
Super easy...Shred...sautee (in this I added orange peppers) then top with cheeses or sauce....or eat alone!
This was lunch today...took me 10 minutes before work to throw it together and it counts for                           2 greens, 1 blue, 1 red in 21 day fix world!


Seriously these things are yummy!!! Also...I was never a big ricotta eater before...but when I saw that it counts as a red for the 21 day fix I decided to try it in some different ways...and it is SO good heated up with Zoodles and a Blue container of Mozzarella Cheese...

Sorry Spaghetti Squash...but it's not me...it's you. Zoodles fit my need for fast, easy, healthy and delicious more efficiently! Thanks for the good times...xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment